[Dailydrool] Lumpy bumpies

Nicole Haase nicole.haase at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 13:11:01 PDT 2013

Can I just tell you how much better all the lumpy bumpy posts make me feel?

Not only is it nice to know that Flash is not the only roadbump-covered
hound, but also that I'm not the only one who feels like if I went in to
the vet every time I found one, we'd live there.

I'm very aware of each of his lumps and I only get concerned when they
change or grow or morph. The old guy is about 13, so at this point it's not
like there's much we'd do, anyway, but I just feel so much less like a "bad
mom" after reading some posts from those of you that I consider to be great
parents. He's a cyst-covered dude at this point, but he also sleeps 18
hours a day, so they don't bug him and therefore they don't bug me.

Even though I grew up with dogs, I know in a lot of ways my parents weren't
the best pet owners and  it's not always finding my own way as a dog mom. I
never feel like I'm doing it "right" and especially with Flash where it's
clear we're heading for end times, I feel like the blind literally leading
the blind (dog), so it's nice to know I'm not flailing quite so much as I
feel like I am.

Thanks for the reassurance, even though you didn't even know you were
giving it :)

--
Nicole Haase
nicole.haase at gmail.com