[Dailydrool] Aggressive hound

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Wed Apr 24 19:26:14 PDT 2013

Dale, you are not alone with an aggressive dog.  My Ben is a problem
hound, too.  He is so untrustworthy with other dogs that I have to go to  waddles
alone.  He has gone after dogs in the neighborhood, never made  serious
contact with them, but enough that several will not go near him.   He is 11,
and I have had him for over 6 years, so I just avoid situations where  he
could come in contact with another dog.  It is weird how he reacts to  certain
dogs.  He just goes nuts, and wants to get at them.  Others,  not so much.  I
tried using treats, water,with no avail.  I am sure  some of it is maybe
our not sticking to it long enough, and some is that he does  not like other
dogs, especially on a one to one basis.  So I go to waddles  alone, and he
stays home.

Douglas