[Dailydrool] Retriever Guardians

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 11 14:51:06 PDT 2013

Gotta agree with Bev.  My Sugar Magnolia was convinced she was a better mom then
I was.  I'll never forget the day a lady we didn't know tried to reach into the
baby carriage and touch my newborn daughter.  Sweet Maggie shoved her to the
ground.  Never said a word, just shoved her down.  Maggie had positioned herself
between the lady and the carriage, so the lady reached around her great big
head.  Maggie tried to push the ladies hand away with her snooter but the lady
persisted.  So Maggie pushed her away (and down, right on her rump).  I didn't
want the stranger to touch my baby but I didn't have the nerve to push her
away.  Maggie sure did.

Maggie played chase with my kids, my neighbors kids, all kinds of kids.  From
crawling and barely toddling to fast and furious 5 year olds.  She never knocked
a kid down, not ever.  One time the neighbors yellow lab pup came into the yard
and joined in the fun and accidently knocked a 2 year old over.  Everyone
froze.  Maggie jumped on the pup and stood on him until I came out and picked
the pup up and took him home.

Sugar Magnolia could have pulled a stoller more safely then I could have pushed
one.  On the other hand, I wouldn't trust Gracie for half a second.  LuLu .....
actually, LuLu could be trusted, she'd do just fine.  Snoopy, not a chance in
bleep.

More later from the clueless momPerson