[Dailydrool] Sara Lea

Cyndi Grove cgrove at comcast.net
Mon Aug 5 14:15:48 PDT 2013

Once again, we have sad news on the home front.
This came from left field and was TOTALLY unexpected.
Our little Sara went to the bridge on her own, laying next to us at 4:10 am, Friday 08/02/2013.  She had several bladder infections and went for an ultrasound the day before because the vet thought she might have had stones.  They found a tumor and did a biopsy, and we did not know the results at this time.  It turned out she did not have stones, rather it was Adrenalin cancer we later found out.
We came home after the ultrasound and she was panting so off to the vet we went.  The vet thought it might have been stress because our poor little blind girl spent the entire day at the ultrasound vet.  She hated being away from home.
Sara came to us in January 2006, had glaucoma and lost sight in both eyes.   We were more upset she was blind, but everyday, she showed us how smart she was.  She waddled in Mishgun, NY and the one and only Boardwaddle and after loosing her sight, she became a home body, a little home body chunky monkey stub legged little girl.  She helped all fosters and failures here learn the routine.
The hardest part is saying goodbye to three in one year.  They all hold a different paw print in our hearts.

She was a perfect little angel and we are simply heartbroken.  Hugg those furrkids, it happens so fast and they hide it so well.

Cyndi and John Grove

Honey Bea and kitties Holly Noel and James (James loved being next to Sara Lea all the time)