[Dailydrool] Tuckerman's eye injury

oakrydgebh at q.com oakrydgebh at q.com
Sat Aug 10 06:55:40 PDT 2013

Yesterday was the seventh  day of  tr eatment for T uc ker's eye injury . Tucker has been a model patient. He  allows me to put the meds in his eye with no fuss at all.  There are four meds to put in his eye every 12 hours. Two are antibiotics, one is for pain and the other is a serum made from Tucker's own blood to help with healing. I took Tucker to see Dr. Kari yesterday afternoon for a check of his eye.  A fter she took a look at things she  asked some questions about how things had been going with the treatment . Since Tucker i s being such a good boy she wants us to continue treatment for a few more days. The only change i s to give the  atropine drops  every other day instead of daily. We' ll go back to see her again on Tuesday when she will remove stitch holding his third eyelid in place over his eye. The hope is that the ulcer will have receded back into his eye and is healing. We won't know for sure until she takes out the stitch because it's not visible. Everything looks good as far as she can tell. The swelling is gone. So  is the redness and pain . Dr. Kari was amazed that he hadn't been rubbing or scratching at his eye.  We don't need to use the e-collar unless Tucker  starts to bother it.

Tucker and I are so grateful to all of you who have sent messages and drool. We are sure that is the reason things are going so well. We'll post again  f ollowing Tuesday's visit with Dr. Kari.

We are sending drool to all the houn ds and humans going through tough times. Heart healing drool to those with hounds who have left for the bridge recently.

Jacqie & Tuckerman