[Dailydrool] Ketoconazole tablets

Carol Gazzara carolgazzara at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 16 13:02:08 PDT 2013

Our Rosie is being bothered by something (I believe it's weeds/grass) and is chewing her front paws to the point of being raw.  Our Vet has prescribed "Ketoconazole 200mg tablets".  She also has a Yeast problem in her armpits and groin area.  We are using Gold Bond powder in the arm pit and groin area and If I soak the paws in a solution of boric acid and warm water,  and dry well and powder and put socks on I can keep the paws healthy but alas, this is a lot of work.

I read the product description on the Ketoconazole and I do have some concerns so I was wondering if any other Droolers have used this medication or have any other advice.

The Ketoconazole is supposed to keep yeast at bay but I hate to put her on a med that might affect her liver.

Carol & Rosie in Florida