[Dailydrool] Blueberries

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Sat Aug 17 11:55:15 PDT 2013

I have been cooking for my hounds for about 9 months now. They get dry
kibble but I top with my stew of chicken, celery, carrots, potatoes, spinach
and  sometimes green beans. They love it. About a week ago, Jordan started
refusing  her bowl. She was normal in every other way and ate treats, bread etc
but acted  like her bowl was going to bite her. I hesitated taking her to
the vet as she  acted excited when she saw the bowl in my hand but when I put
it down, she ran  away from it. The only difference I could figure was that
I had a pint of  blueberries on the mushy side so I threw them in the last
batch  of stew. Thursday nite, I boiled chicken and put plain chicken on her
 kibble and she devoured it! Apparently Jordan does not like the taste or
smell  of blueberries. So Crackers and Loki are getting the blueberry
enhanced stew and  she is getting plain chicken and broth.
However, there is a "fringe benefit" to the blueberries. When Crackers
farts he usually leaves me gagging but right now it smells like a blueberry
room  freshener!
Kathy with Crackers, Loki and Jordan