[Dailydrool] itching

minilibrarian at gmail.com minilibrarian at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 16:44:00 PDT 2013

I don’t post very often anymore but itchy bassets are something I’ve been battling since we rescued Lucy Lou the Wild Wonder Butt, OEBE, about 10 years ago.

These are all the things that I do:

When it’s just a little itchy I spray Relief Spray (from Vet but not a prescription)  or Bactine Cleansing Spray (a tip from Bob the DOg’s mom) on the itchy areas.  When it’s bad I get Prednizone from the Vet.  Last time we tried Ketoconazole (sp?) pills as well as KetoHex shampoo from the Vet.  You can use the shampoo often and leave it on 10 minutes (if your furbaby will let you) and then wash it off.  Lately  I’ve been putting a little KetoHex shampoo on my fingertips with a drop of water, rubbing my fingers together and then rubbing Lucy’s belly.  I just leave the soap on to dry.  The KetoHex Shampoo is red but my carpet is rust colored so it doesn’t matter.  I wouldn’t do it with a light colored carpet, though.

I also wipe Lucy down with a sensitive-skin baby wipe if she’s been laying in the grass.  I have used Vetericyn spray with some success, but it is very expensive.  I use Gold Bond medicated foot powder on Lucy’s footpads, just spray it into the cracks, then get the vacuum and mop ready.

Drool to dem whut needs it from Lucy Lou the WWB and da Fritz

Sent from Windows Mail