[Dailydrool] where there's a will there's a way

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Mon Aug 19 12:24:05 PDT 2013

Saturday afternoon was gorgeous. All the hounds were out enjoying the day and wee Gracie Allen our mighty huntress was, well, hunting. We have a tree house built at ground level around a big maple tree. There is a gap between the ground and where the floor begins and it's not unusual for critters to make an escape attempt by running under the tree house. Now I know I've mentioned previously that Gracie Allen is not as wee as she used to be. QXB was always slender and able to dive under the tree house with no problem. not so wee Gracie Allen used to be able to dive under as well. Saturday she was hassling a chipmunk who had apparently offended her in some way. He took off for the tree house with Gracie in hot pursuit. Mr. chipmunk runs under the tree house and Gracie, well, with Glenn shouting for her to stop-she's going to get stuck, she gets head and shoulders under and then begins to twist left and right all the while 4 wheeling it with her feet until she popped into the space under the tree house. I swear we could hear the "pop". I look at Glenn and ask how on earth we're going to get her out. Glenn is still yelling for her. All of a sudden her head and shoulders emerge and with feet paddling like mad she pops out from under the tree house again no worse for wear-well if you ignore the black feet and belly...

***Note address and fax number as of 5/20/2011***
1639 Route 10 East
Suite 200
Parsippany, NJ 07054

Phone: 973-656-6121