[Dailydrool] Moon Dogs

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 20 13:18:26 PDT 2013

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

Last night I walked the dogs after dinner.  Greg came along, walking LuLu.  I can walk two dogs at a time, but not 3, I feel it is isn't safe, I really can't control 3 if there is a distraction (cat, stray dog, et al).  However, my bassets prefer to walk as a pack.  So, when possible, I bring along a second walker so that they can all go together and last night Greg came.

Snoopy went CHARGING out the front door, right to the end of his lead.  Pulling, jerking, head turned completely around, 360 degrees chin straight up in the air and he let loose ahrooooooooooooooooooo ahrooooooooooooooooo ahroooooooooo and then charged ahead forward.

I also had Gracie who was shouting Ahrooooo Roooooo Rooooo, Ahroooooooooo Rooooooo Rooooooooo and charging right along side Snoopy.

Greg took a look at these two idiots and asked "what is wrong with them.  My G-d do you need me to take one or the other of them?  What in the world?"

So I told him, don't worry, they'll exhaust themselves eventually.  Right at the moment they look like a couple of bunnies running in place but after a while they'll tire and be manageable, I've got it.  He still wanted to know WHY they were doing it.  They don't always act like this.  So I shrugged and asked him ..... "are we close to a full moon?"  He had no idea, the sun was still up.

The moon rose later.  Nearly full.  I actually had very little doubt

More later from the clueless momPerson with two moon dogs and LuLu too