[Dailydrool] Basset Alarms

Elizabeth Harmon harmone at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 23 12:04:29 PDT 2013

I just had to add my story about home alarm salespeople.  About a year ago, I got a phone call from someone trying to sell me an alarm system.  I told him I already have an alarm system.  He asked me what kind I have and I replied, “It’s a basset.”  He paused and said he had never heard of that kind before.  I replied that she was very dependable and loud, but that she ate a lot.  He then asked to speak to  my mother.  I replied that he could, but he would have to call her house.  Then he asked to speak to the homeowner, I replied “That would be me”.  By now, he was very annoyed with me.  “I’m just trying to make a living,” he said.  I wished him good luck and hung up the phone.  Thanks to Maggie, I have no need for an alarm system.  Come to think of it, I haven’t received any phone calls from home security system companies in over a year now!

Safe and secure high atop the Blue Ridge in NC,
Elizabeth and my princess Maggie