[Dailydrool] a good dry food for pancreatitis

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 11:18:14 PDT 2013

 Hi Droolers,
    As you may or may not know, I am inheriting/ getting back three elderly Newfs from my friend, Susan, who died unexpectedly at the age of 53.  They are in route right now and thanks to the generosity and selflessness of many people they are arriving in Florida from Montana on Saturday!!!!!
    One of the girls suffers from chronic pancreatitis.  I could be wrong but I think her emotional state plays a role in her illness.  Any who, I was wondering if the experts on this list could suggest a good dry food that might really help manage her condition.  I serve my dogs a good dry food but I am concerned that the protein levels and fat may be too high for Gabby.  I also cook for my dogs and add this to their dry food.  Can this still be done with the pancreatitis dog?
    Any suggests would be welcome.  She also suffers from bladder leakage and is on Proin.  Any thoughts?  Is this the best drug for this condition?
    All suggestions and advice are welcome.
    Thank you,
    Marie Campbell--Newfs and Bassets waiting for their new Newf sisters and brother.
Man Plans ~ God Laughs