[Dailydrool] My Secret Pawtner, J. Rutan

Ginny Tata-Phillips bassetplantation at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 13:31:43 PDT 2013

You could have sent me a gift certificate.  Pretty Impersonal.

You could have visited a website and ordered a certain number of gifts,
whether carefully chosen or not - still a bit impersonal.

But instead, you sent me the most personal and best Secret Pawtner
 presents of all - you sent me beloved basset crap.  Some perhaps that had
graced your home for years; some that may have been tucked away for an
eventual gift.  Perhaps even some duplicate gifts that had been sent to you
over the years.

I have to say that as an avid collector of Basset Crap - there were no
duplicates in this carefully chosen box.  I did not have the exact frames
you sent.  I did not have the Nothin Butt Bassets mug.  I did not have the
2 figurines.  And I not only did not have, but had never seen the glass
ornament with Santa and a puppy on it.  When I posted a picture of that
special gift on my Facebook page, my dear friend, Pam Tanzey, told me she
had designed that for Basset Rescue long ago and had not seen it in many
years - Mrs. Santa's Christmas Puppy to Santa, she called it.

Thank you for the treasures, Jessica Rutan.  You are a special friend in
Drool and are welcome to come visit at the Basset Plantation anytime!

Ginny Tata-Phillips

--
Ginny Tata-Phillips

*Co-author of RESKU, DOGKU, BIRDKU, HORSEKU, PETKU and HAIKU IS THE SPICE
OF LIFE with Diane Grindol and DUFFY TO THE RESCUE with Tom Schreck*
*www.gspotsylvania.wordpress.com*