[Dailydrool] Update on Debbie

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 14:37:54 PDT 2013

Debbie just called and we talked for quite awhile. She had a meeting with
the surgeon today attended by herself and Wayne and Amanda, her daughter.
However, details were postponed until late Oct  when they will meet again.

Debbie says all the news was pretty good! She has gained 3 pounds which is
fabulous. She saw two doctors today the one who does the radiation who is
quite pleased with the way things are going. They did give her a different
pain medication and suggested she take the Ativan every day.
 They are continuing with the radiation, they believe the tumor is
shrinking because Debbie is able to eat more than before. She is getting
fluids on a fairly regular basis to make her feel better.
They were NOT pleased, Amanda, Debbie and Wayne, to wait two hours for the
surgeon to see them.
The surgeon did tell them that at this point it is difficult to say how
complicated the surgery will be: whether they will need to use part of her
colon to resect or not, they are hoping against this since it will leave
two surgical sites to become infected instead of one. (Not to mention being
a little harder on the patient.)

Debbie says Amanda has knocked herself out to take good care of her, is
cooking for her and Wayne, taking Debbie everywhere and in addition seeing
how sick her Mother really is, which is very difficult.

Debbie says the DROOL IS WORKING, NOT TO STOP!!
We all know it will, if we just believe. So keep up the good work,
everyone!!!

Bev