[Dailydrool] Hurray for Conley's momPerson

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 29 16:24:46 PDT 2013

Hi it's Dale and I learn something new from drools all the time.

Our hounds breakfast time has been getting earlier and earlier and earlier and earlier and earlier.  They have been fed before 4AM on a few occasions.  Here are a few techniques which have been used over the past year to get breakfast early:

1)  Mommy it's Gracie and I'm getting down and it's dark.  There, I'm down and it's dark and oh .... I need to pee.  Get up mommy get up I can't go by myself it's dark ...... ooops ..... I asked you to get up I really did it's your fault ......
    This does NOT work anymore, Gracie does NOT have accidents for months now but she still tries it .... jumping down and trying to make us worry

2)  momPerson it's Snoopy and I'm hungry and snarky and I might eat Gracie if you don't get up and feed us
    This does NOT work anymore, Snoopy loves Gracie and he sleeps curled up around her or else in a heart shape with her (see facebook), he stands outside with her if she has to go potty and it's dark, he's NOT going to eat her

3)  momPerson it's LuLu and I want breakfast .... bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, stomp my foot like a bull, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark
    This does NOT work anymore, I use earplugs now

4)  momPerson it's all 3 of us and we are wrestling on the bed and banging out tails into the footboard in a 3 part harmony, that is not an earthquake this is your basset hounds wanting breakfast
    this has been working .........

But Conley's momPerson inspired me.  I *forgot* what all this tail banging meant.  I just layed there and ignored all the commotion.  For a couple of days in a row.  This morning I woke up at quarter to 6.  And I had to wake these 3 darn bassets up for breakfast.

More later from the clueless momPerson who learned something from Bev (again)