[Dailydrool] shelter challenge

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 15:09:05 PDT 2013

Hi Candy,
  Here is how I navigate the Shelter Challenge. First I type "Shelter Challenge" into my search engine (Google). A list comes up. I hit the first entry and wait a little. the vote page comes up in pieces and is slow. (Might be why it seems dead to you at times). The first time I voted I went to the search slot and typed "Basset" where it asks for a shelter, and "WI" where it asks for a state, and Basset Buddies came up with a vote button next to it. I hit the vote button and it takes me to a confirm page. On this page is a "Captcha" which needs to be typed into a slot. The Captcha is a series of capital letters rotated in different positions and embellished with colored lines. You hit the empty slot beneath the Captcha and a keyboard pops up. Copy the "Captcha" but be sure it is all capitals with no spaces between letters. when finished, hit the vote button and you should be all set. If you muff the Captcha (I have done this a few times), you can hit a button just below the Captcha which says something like 'Repeat' ? (Can't quite remember) and it will give you a different Captcha to try. after voting once, every day since, on the first page has come up a line that says"Last time you voted for Basset Buddies. want to vote for them again." With a vote button next To it which takes you to the Captcha page. After the first time, you just hit that vote button to proceed to the confirmation page.

To see the standings, on the second page (the Captcha/confirm page), scroll down a little and hit the heading which says something like Summer 2013 state standings. a page will come up with an A state. Scroll down the states to WI and the state results will come up.

this is an extremely close race with the bassets and the Airedales almost tied daily and ranked numbers 14 and 15 nation wide. It is exciting and I'm pleased our bassets are running for their money. Hope this helps. everybody vote! Val