[Dailydrool] Penny

Mary Ann sushiela at michiana.org
Sun Dec 1 16:50:18 PST 2013

Today  December 1, Penny would have turned eleven. It's not a good day. Her cancer came back & went into her heart & there was nothing they could do. They gave her 3 months after they removed her spleen - if she was lucky. She made it till 9 months. I got her to the emergency vet because she was in obvious distress to make her journey easy to the rainbow bridge. Instead she died a painful death right in front of me in front of the doctor who was getting the "medicine" ready for her. It was horrific. And it's never left my mind. I've been putting up pictures of her maybe as therapy. I have my own health issues that now Sophie (basset hound) for the first time in 13 years can't come over to be with me. So for all the people who have bassets that are older than 11 - enjoy them. One day it will be so heartbreaking.

Her mom.

        Penny Basset on Facebook

        Countess Penny of Indiana on Daily Drool