[Dailydrool] the sadness continues, and a hero request

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 4 18:16:57 PST 2013

I will start with the hero request.  I have nominated my Vet's office twice, and that is one time more than is supposed to be, but they are great, and they love the basset cards.  If anyone has an extra, please send one to
Dr. Howard Schatz℅ Massapequa Hospital For Animals4186 Sunrise HighwayMassapequa, NY   11758
The Bad news…
Max will make his way to the bridge tomorrow.  I had a very bad visit with his oncologist today, and my sister and I believe in sparing the suffering, and he has reached that point.  Sure there are options to try, but they include toxicity and I believe he has had enough of it.  He had a lovely dinner of shrimp and lobster sauce with fried rice and ice cream, and he barely eats anymore, so it was good to see him have a little food joy.  His belly is huge because of his enlarged spleen, and his platelets are so low, that when they drew blood on him today, the tech said she never saw a vein collapse so fast and so far ever before.  He has blisters on his lip folds, and enough is enough.  I gave him pain meds today so my sister can have one more day and night with him, and we are both crying a lot.
Mom is home, and one never knows, but tears may be in the near future for her as well.  That being said, I am so grateful that she is home.  The family, what is left of the human element feels complete again.
Healing drool to all in need,
two  boys and four girls… trouble will be in my forecast, but I really hope they "Peace Out".
Jackie and the smaller herd