[Dailydrool] Cabin fever..already!!

paula bohaty pmoonbo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 13:52:19 PST 2013

The daily strolls have ceased here due to 2 degree weather,no
stop,sniff,smell,chase squrls do it again trips around the block,mom is a
wuss must be at least 15 degrees out...what can I say...I'm old n cranky.
The backyard n freezing  weather seems to invigorate the hounds..they come
gleefully bounding in after digging n the leaves...ready for adventure,then
they see me and know its gonna be a slow ol day.
After breakfast I was busy cleaning up the kitchen and the house was just
soooooo quiet,never a good sign. I called out. '"Agatha...Angus"....no fat
big ol feet appeared..Not good!! I heard the crunching from the hall and by
the time I got into the bedroom the chewing became louder...Oh No!!! Parts
of $200 Bose headphones were hanging out each hounds fat lips,they sure
tried to hide the evidence in there big ol mouths...the cord was still
plugged into the IPad,which woulda been the next Yummy treat had I not
appeared....they both said "What???"..really I swear they did...grrrrr.I
chased them both down the hall n ran them out the door...headphone
components falling outta there mouths...grrrrr.
Don't know why I thought this was a punishment,they just love ta play
outside.
Tuesday nite while gone,they found a Christmas sack with my grandsons
plastic dinosaurs and I caught them red handed with T Rex limbs hanging
outta their mouths...again they looked at me n said...I swear.."What???!"
I have always bassetproofed the house but gotta do a better job .live n
learn. Now I know what to buy my husband for Christmas..will b drivin to
the Bose store..
Gonna be a long dang winter. Suppose to snow tmorrow so that will be
wonderful as the kids love to romp in the stuff..now just wet paws n dogs
to deal with,bring out the junk towels for the great cleanup to come...
Warmth n drools to all!
Paula, Basset Wrangler to Agatha and Angus.