[Dailydrool] collars vs harnesses

Nancy Cohen nursenancy4 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 03:57:22 PST 2013

because pulling against a collar can put pressure on the eyes, einstein's
vet asked that we use a harness to walk him.  i keep the collar on loosely
mainly because he is used to it and it has his tags on it.  i have a
harness to walk him, which is somewhat of a pain to get in and out of
although he is somewhat cooperative.  is there any harm in leaving the
harness on him while in the house?  he doesn't seem mind and it too is
somewhat loose, but not loose enough to walk out of.  as an aside, his last
pressure last week was 5, and we are now giving meds only 4 times a day.
 seeing the vet tomorrow and hoping that we can eliminate the noon
predacetate.......it would give a little more freedom.........he is surely
enjoying the fact that he can see again.......the residual is that the
parrot, spirit has learned all of the blind commands......so everyday it is
"forward....forward.....lookout, backup, stay, step up.......etc. etc.
 Nancy, einstein and dixie