[Dailydrool] This and that

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 05:23:30 PST 2013

Michele, your cat is actually a basset hound in a cat suit! How many other
animals are that determined? You might as well get a cat carrier and get
her to a vet for shots, worming, etc. so you know that she's all up to date
and at least won't have that worry. It sounds like, for her safety, she had
better stay out of the house or the hounds prey drive will kick in and
she'll become lunch for them! Maybe contact a couple of local vet offices
and see if they know anyone who is looking for a house cat or your local
cat rescue if you want her totally gone.

One of my daughter's mastiffs has terrible allergies. Comparable to
Marlene's Maggie. Sasha had the whole allergy panel done and the thing she
is most allergic to is dust of all things. After numerous steroid shots and
different medications, the combo that works best for her is Claritin and
Temaril. The Teraril has a steroid component to it but my daughter finally
decided that, for her dog, it was a quality of life issue and she would
deal with the consequences of long term Temaril use if and when she had to.
I can't tell you what a relief it is for Sasha to be on the medication! She
was in constant misery with all the itching, skin infections, ear
infections, UTI's and on and on before she got on this medication. Plus,
the vet and medication bills (especially for a 175 pound mastiff!) were
astronomical! It might be worth looking into for Foxy.

Our Jersey is recovering well from her surgery. The fur is starting to grow
back and things are healing so she is itchy and is not real happy with me
that I won't let her get to the incision sites. We have been together 24/7
since last Friday because I really don't want to put the collar or her
socks on but today might be the day. She feels good enough that the old
girl is getting feisty and telling me off when I speak to her so I may have
to break down and inhibit her ability to reach things. Boy, she thought she
was unhappy with me telling her no! She'll be totally humiliated if I have
to resort to the collar and socks!

Get well and heart healing drool is being slung to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger