[Dailydrool] Barney & hound need a home

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Tue Dec 10 09:26:12 PST 2013

we had to hand feed our first Basset Lucy who has a liver disease ,   she
just refused to eat, so for 4 long years we had to hand feed her  dinner,  my
husband Bill or myself would lay down on the floor with a  dinner plate and
we would feed her with a fork or spoon,  mostly boiled  rice & chicken or
Boiled rice and boiled hamburger.  sometimes she  would eat with the fork and
then again she would turn her head away until we got  a spoon,  let me tell
you that she had all of us wrapped around her  finger.  her all time
favorite was deli tapioca pudding !!!!  she also  like cottage cheese.  at this
point I would feed Barney whatever you can  get down him especially if it is
low in fat  try scrambled   eggs.  also make the portions very small, better
to eat 6 times a day than  to try and fill them up once or twice a day.  If
we set a big plate of food  down in front of Lucy, she would walk away,  but
if we set with her and  gave her spoon fulls , one at a time she would eat
it,  they are smart,  they get overwhelmed just l;ike little kids if you
make them eat something they  don't like

saw in our local paper where there are three Bassets in the dog Wardens
office here in Toledo  they say they are beagle basset mix,  but they  look
Basset to me,   beautiful looking dogs,  they came in  together,  hope they
try & keep them together  if anyone wants  more information, E Mail me and I
will give you the contact number

Marlene  mommy to Maggie & Annie

PS  took another bad fall today  Neurosurgeon said NO More  Falls,  any
ways  I hurt my bad knee, can't hardly walk now, hurt my  right shoulder  and
hit my left cheek   on entertainment  center
( not sure who I was trying to entertain )  and now have a black eye
bwahahahahahaah,  Oh MY,   I hurt every where !!!!  having  neck surgery to fuse
three disk on Jan 21. cant have my knee replacement until I  have my neck
fixed because I have severe spinal cord compression.  that's  why I am not
suppose to fall.  did I say I was taking tumbling lessons at  the local YMCA
bwahahahahahahaha