[Dailydrool] Duh, why didn't I think of socks!

lea pierce leapierce at leapierce.com
Tue Dec 10 12:54:07 PST 2013

Hey, kudos to Jane for mentioning socks!

It never occurred to me to put socks on Foxy. We are going to the vet in a
minute or so and I will ask about Temeril, this is a medication that has
come up several times.

I will put her in a cone, too. She has really messed up around her eyes
(not the cornea, I don't think, but she's getting a full check up) itching
her poor little self.

O! Hounds not eating and hounds scratching themselves raw! O! It is so hard
with our beloved hounds!

I really like Foxy, my foster, so much. She is a sweet little girl. Adm. is
of stolid temperament. Foxy is more demonstrative.

I look forward to the day when she reaches her forever home, but until
then, I love the little girl. Her itching has pretty much disapeared, but I
do not want her to go through this again. I now know corn is poison to her,
my worry is that--because she is largely unknown to me--there will be other
trigger foods. So I am after prevention as well as emergency antidote as
well as cure.

Lulu said "life is not measured by the  number of breaths you take but
rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.” She is so
right. But I am greedy. I want many, many breathless moments with my hounds
and the people in my life.

Thank god for the Drool! Viva La Hound!

LEA
Houndservant to Adm. JED "Snatch" Basset