[Dailydrool] They cut our toebones!

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Tue Dec 17 20:05:38 PST 2013

The toebones at this house get trimmed by the groomer or the vet staff,
definitely not by the Mama, who used to do it but can't deal with the trauma
anymore.  Too nerve-racking to have a hound scream like you have just
amputated their toe, you jump and freak out, and then realize you haven't
actually touched clipper to toenail yet.  A few years of that (along with
the chase, tackle and hiding while the DH is laughing) did me in.

So every Tuesday is free nail-trimming at the grooming shop at Pet Supplies
Plus, a few blocks away.  Normal cost is 4 hounds times $8 each, plus a tip.
Call it $40.  Tuesdays it's free and I leave them a $10 cash tip.
No-brainer here.  So I took Baxter and Bunny first (my bonded pair).  Last
time we went, no problems at all.  Today, jerking and trying to run away.
The odd thing is, I was right there both times, and the groomers worked
fast, were gentle, and did not quick anyone.  Strange.  Bunny went first,
and then Baxter, and Bunny did not like them working on her boy, she stood
there and yelled at them the whole time.

We go home and Bax and Bunny go in the house and I get Holly and Bea.  Wooo,
you should have seen the "drop dead witch" looks I was getting from Holly.
Seriously, if looks could kill, you wouldn't be reading this.  Bea was
actually a little better than Holly once she realized she couldn't escape.
Everyone now has lovely nails for the holiday season, Mama is only out a $10
tip, and still has mostly intact nerves.  A good but harrowing day.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net