[Dailydrool] Introducting New Dogs

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at comcast.net
Fri Dec 27 13:41:03 PST 2013

I definately am not an expert, and I am sure there is more than one way. I have had many fosters, though, and this has
always worked for me.

I put the new dog into the back yard through the gate. I then enter the house and all the dogs come to greet me and do their totally
out of control thing. The new dog has some time to wander around in the yard and get the smells of everyone. Eventually, one of my
dogs will happen to go out and find the new dog, or the new dog will decide to come in through the dog door.

None of mine have ever had a problem meeting this way. The times we met on neutral territory, it seemed like my current dogs were
still funny about letting the new guy come into their house with them.

Marilyn Briggs