[Dailydrool] Charlie Went to the Rainbow Bridge

vastrand at comcast.net vastrand at comcast.net
Fri Dec 27 17:33:07 PST 2013

It is with sadness that I write to say that my boy Charlie went to the bridge yesterday. I knew he wasn’t quite right, but was not expecting to find he had a huge mass behind his stomach. The vet felt he only had 4-8 weeks left, so rather than watch him waste away we opted to have him put to sleep. I just couldn’t bear the thought of watching him die by inches in the next month or so. The vet felt the decision was a good one. Charlie was one of her favorites. He was such a good basset boy. Maggie, our lab, looked all over the house for him this morning, so I know she will miss the old boy too. It breaks my heart every time we have to let one of our dogs go, but that is the price you pay for having a pet that loves you. I’ll miss him and probably shed tears for a few more days, but I know I made the right decision.