[Dailydrool] Cecilia

oakrydgebh at q.com oakrydgebh at q.com
Fri Dec 6 08:49:50 PST 2013

First let me apologize for taking this long to post an update. B etween taking care of my girl, the rest  of my chores  and carrying buckets of warm water to 30 or so thirsty pygmy goats twice a day, I've just not had time to sit down at the computer long enough to write. When I do sit down, I'm out. Thank you all for your emails and posts. It really helps to have your support and read your messages.

Cecilia has had a couple of rocky days since she came home  but seems to be feeling better this morning. She has a lot of stitches. She  had another cyst  under her chest below the big one on her neck and shoulder.  Infection had set in the large one so she is on antibiotics and rimadyl for pain. She lost three teeth due to the infection which had gone into her gums . No wonder she didn't feel well . It' s a good thing we decided to remove the cyst  as it was spreading rapidly and things could have been much worse. She has a huge shaved area over her neck and shoulders and another one under her chest.  I've never had a cyst like this that grew so quickly . I feel very lucky that she is going to be okay . She also has arthritis in her back, hips and shoulders  so she will not  be spending as much time outside in this cold weather we are having which will not be easy for her. She loves to go out and snoop around the farm . It's jus t too cold outside and she's far too "naked". I'm mak ing her a fleece sweater to wear when she goes outside to potty. She is learning to use the ramp to get up on the deck to come inside . She has trouble getting her hind legs up onto the step up from the ground. She will stand at the bottom and bark at the door. "  Momma, I need help NOW! Right NOW!" So I dug out my short ramp that I used for Rosey Jo, who was totally blind, so she could climb in the caravan. She loved traveling with me to shows

The vet bill for all this is much more than I expected. I signed up  for the Ho liday card  short list this year.  I will probably not be able to mail my  cards until after the holidays as a result. (W hy is postage so high yet the USPS claims it's going broke?)

Time to feed the hounds and carry water to the goats so I better get busy.

Jacqie and the LowDownHounds of Oakrydge