[Dailydrool] NEVER let a kid or dog cry it out

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 7 02:52:30 PST 2013

Dale,
    If this is the case then I would have the dog examined by a vet as parvo can cause both heart damage and neurological damage.   There is no way you can always comfort a dog especially if you are not home.  What happens when you are at work?  If a dog has to be constantly comforted, and believe me, no one caters to their dogs more, then you are creating a nervous, anxious, totally dependent dog.    I have three bassets in bed with me every night and I bred  Newfoundlands for 15 years--all my dogs are house dogs and my house was built for my dogs.  BUT that being said, it is not healthy to constantly get up all night long and cater to a puppy if you want them to sleep through the night ALONE.  This poster stated she has allergies and can't have them upstairs in her bedroom.  So, how would you solve it?  Surely holding them all night is not an option for the average person.  People have to sleep all night and work the next day.
 Establishing healthy sleeping patterns is essential both in dogs and children.  I am all for comforting infant children but I am also all for them sleeping the whole night through safely in their own bed.
Marie
Man Plans ~ God Laughs

The DAILY DROOL
An internet mail list designed to