[Dailydrool] A Princess flies!

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Feb 1 16:45:39 PST 2013

Hi all,
Ashley came to Senior Houndsabound from a couple, who were elderly on Nov
11, 2012.  She left us last night.
During her time here, she had her tail amputated (due to a horrible open
mass) and a mass removed from her mouth that turned out to be squamous cell
carcinoma.  While the markers indicated the cancer was slow growing, I am
pretty sure it is what took her.
She came to us with the name Cleo, although she did not acknowledge that
name. Little did we know, her name was Princess, but us dumb humans went
ahead and named her Ashley.  After a few days, we rarely called her anything
other than Princess, except each morning, when we called her Bedhog.
Princess walked into our home and did not announce her status with any sense
of being better than anyone else here,  it was more just a sense of, "I am a
Princess".....very matter of fact.  She was very humble, but seemed to also
know, what she determined, was her birthright. Life is too full of surprises
and losing Princess has been one of those.  Wed. evening she was engaging
Phoebe to play and Thursday evening she had crashed and needing to be helped
to the Bridge.

I probably should not tell you all, but I am.  When we had to have her tail
amputated, I had the vet save it, as I knew we both would want to have her
tail be with her when her time came.  So,  her tail was cremated with her,
and she is no doubt wagging up a storm at the Bridge,   must be where those
high winds were coming from today.   We were very honored to have this
sweet, bossy little Princess, and will miss her dearly as she did not give
us nearly enough time to love her!

We are always sending out drool to all in need.

wen and the Bounders

www.seniorhoundsabound.org