[Dailydrool] Amelia's legs

Karen McKenna tibbotbasset at aol.com
Mon Feb 18 04:08:44 PST 2013

Hi everyone
Our Amelia is having a problem with her back legs.  I had her at te emergency vet on Saturday night because out of nowhere she became unable to use her legs. She tried walking and looked like a drunken sailor, they wouldn't stay where she put them and her whole back end was swaying. The vet took X-rays and didn't see anything broken.  I was hoping they would say she twisted or sprained something on the ice. They kept her overnight on pain meds and iv fluids and she did better.  But they send her home yesterday.  She's really unable to move much, we are using a towel under her back end to help a little. Still on pain meds but that's all. My friend who is a homeopathic vet had us get something called traummeel to use as an anti inflammatory thinking it wouldn't hurt. I'm supposed to take her to see her regular vet today but I'm wondering if I wouldn't be better to wait a few days and see how she does? The emergency vet said it was something neurological since her feet are knuckling under. Anyone have any experience here? Any recommendations? I'd appreciate any input.
Many thanks
Karen, Amelia and Flash in NY

Sent from my iPhone