[Dailydrool] drool works, thank you family, warning a little long and diverse

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 18:22:03 PST 2013

JP is so much better today, despite a tiny scare.  He ate a little better which was such a great sign to me, and he woofed me and came to my bed and gave me kisses like we like to do.
Since there had been a blizzard here recently, and since I knew the neighborhood where Mom is (nursing home for now, still in plan to bring her home sooner than later) was not plowed, I didn't dare try to drive out to visit her.  I honestly have to say, she didn't look herself today, but this is not the list for elder care so I will leave that comment to rest.
I was such a mess yesterday and it was the combination of JP, his surgery, his recovery, and a inappropriate real estate agent cold calling my house to tell me that my fence was over a property line of my back door neighbor whose house was for sale for over 3 years.  And, in the moment we spoke, he almost demanded I sign a document "Adverse" something that would release a claim of ownership of property over the line.
OK, this was the morning after I was worried sick about JP who was still at the Vet hospital.  I was in a shock moment to think that my fence even violated property lines because I was instructed to present a survey to the fence company which I did.  The agent was from ??/<<< and his name is +++, and he hit me hard because within ten minutes of speaking to him, I was shaking.  Sis was home, and I was able to vent off her a little, but she could tell I could barely hold my cup of coffee.  I told blah blah, I wouldn't sign a document regarding property lines until i spoke to my lawyer and/plus have a survey done myself.
When I called the idiot (what my lawyer named him) back to say I couldn't go forward on his request and that I had a lawyer app't arranged for the next day, he tried baiting me into a lot of other hostile questions.
I am grateful to have a lawyer, and I am grateful for my best friend, who grew up with bassets, and his Mom and sis have Ginger basset, and maybe would have rescued the previously mentioned Lucy, but this guy Steve, my guitar mentor and a brilliant shredder, knows how to cool me down in a frenzy.  After illegal (I have a realtor friend who said his actions were illegal, he should have  mailed me a certified letter) actions were proposed to me by this guy, my friend Steve told me, don't jam the guy up, play nice in the neighborhood.
I love this opinion.  I want to do right.  I don't want to create more conflict.  And mostly, I want to spend my energy on loving my hounds, most especially, right now Jean Paul.
And we have always thought about raising the fence in the backyard from 3 ft to 6 ft which requires a permit which requires a recent survey.  No harm, no foul, but in the moment, it was so horrible, especially since I was on pins and needles for JP anyway.
To the drool family, I send all my love and thanks and grateful thoughts.  I will find the time in the next few days to respond personally, I hope, but please know every one of your emails is embraced, cherished and hugely appreciated.  A lot of what many of you made sense!!!!
I thought JP was quitting on me, but he is an elder dog, and recovery is a little tougher on him.  I went to see Mom today, nursing home visit, away for about 3 hours, mostly drive time, and Sis was home, but she really is clueless.

When I came home, JP's butt was caked with fecal matter, the first time this caked since the operation.  I used the big syringe three times, and a couple of pats with a paper towel, and I saw some blood for the first time in a pat, so I got him to the Vet.  Turns out he is OK, but I rather be wrong than right in this case, because heading into a weekend, I didn't want to see a chance of an infection developing, especially after such a big surgery in the rectal area.
Sis is away at work for the next four days, I have banked a deposit with the survey company, and I have food in the house.  I have no plans for the next few days but basset loving.
Ekk, I gained weight last week, and this is what happens to us fat people.  LIFE!!!
But I guess it would be boring if it was predictable.
I just wish I could win a big lotto and share with a whole bunch of needy.
Healing drool and love,
Jacke and JP crew