[Dailydrool] ASTT update & question

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Tue Feb 26 19:28:53 PST 2013

Hello Droolers.  It has been a while since I last reported in, but
honestly there hasn't been much to report.  Colt and Ruger are doing
well. Up until the last few days the weather has been really nice, with
sunshine and temps in the 60's to low 70's.  But 4 out of the last 5
days it has been raining here.  Early this morning the thunderstorms
sounded like explosions.  Thankfully as long as the boyz are in the
house they feel safe and the thunder doesn't bother them. Last week
after being suggested and by Dale Rutz and Snoopy approved, I finally
got off my butt and ordered the boyz some Triple Joint Max from Entirely
Pets...Ruger has a crooked front leg, he hasn't been having any problems
but I thought that since he was about to turn 5 that I would start him
on the joint meds as a preventative and to help keep his joints strong
and healthy.  Anyhowl, I bought the soft chews, thinking that I would be
able to give them as treats.  Well Ruger doesn't like them! Colt loves
them and tries to steal Ruger's. But Ruger is the one that really needs
to eat them.  So now I am cutting them into very small pieces and
putting them in Ruger's food on top of his green beans and under his
yogurt. He will eat them this way.  The things we do for our hounds!
So here is my question for the drool family? I am looking for advice on
Invisible Fencing.  I would like to hear from anyone that has experience
using this kind of fencing with bassets.  Reason being is that we bought
a farm up in Indiana, and there isn't any fencing to keep the hounds
in...just wood livestock fencing and the DH who can be such a diva
sometimes doesn't want to put up chain link, or privacy fencing up to
keep the hounds in because he wants to keep that open farm feeling to
property and keep the esthetics (neat, clean, open) to the property and
not "clutter up the property with hound fencing" So as we all know that
hounds cannot be allowed free range on a farm...or they will stick those
noses to the ground and wonder off. So hubby's compromise is invisible
fencing.  I am not too keen on the idea of electric invisible fencing
for my boyz.  But I don't want them to wonder off either.  So if anyone
has any experience with invisible fencing...good or bad, please contact
me off line to let me know how it worked for you.

Love and healing drool to all of those sick or injured hounds or humans.
And heart healing drool to all of whose beloved hounds have made that
journey to the bridge.
Michele momma to the Bad A$$ Basset Brothers
Colt and Ruger