[Dailydrool] The clueless momPerson checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 27 08:43:57 PST 2013

Hi all, it's Dale,

Well, Greg has been in Oregon for a week now.  I was pretty worried about the
hounds because I work and the girls are at school but usually Greg is home.  I
mean he runs errands and goes to the gym but they are never alone more than an
hour or two here and there.  And Gracie and Snoopy have this sibling thing going
on the last few months off and on, so I worried.  Because I am clueless.

So on Monday the girls went to school and I went to work.   And the hounds were
on their own.  Natalie got home first, at 3.  I texted her and she said the dogs
were fine.  I came home at 5:30 and they were all three cuddly and snuggly and
giving each other head rubs and body rubs.

So on Tuesday the girls went to school and I went to work.  Adn the hounds were
on their own.  Julianne got home first, at 3.  I called her and she said the
dogs were fine.  I came home at 5:30 and they were all three cuddly and snuggly
and giving each other head rubs and body rubs.

And then, last night, I went to bed.  And then Snoopy came to bed.  And then
Gracie came to bed.  And then LuLu came to bed.  None of the usually snarking
and grumbling and hey that's my spot and hey, your snooter is too close to my
snooter, and hey, I was here first, hey ... move over, hey.  Nove of that.  And
then ....... at 3:30 AM Gracie sat straight up, jumped off the bed.  I heard her
run down the hall, through the kitchen, out the back dog door and 10 seconds
later back she came, ears slightly wet, bladder emptied and went back to sleep.
Now, the moon was full so I don't know if I can count that as taking herself
potty in the dark or not but I was thrilled.

It seems being alone together all day has actually HELPED their relationships
and behavior.  They bonded.  I don't understand at all.  I'm happy about it but
totally clueless.

More later from the ever clueless momPerson who is glad the hounds are happy and
not making any trouble for me.