[Dailydrool] Snoopy update

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 2 18:16:13 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

Keep on drooling folks, we need it big time.  His intestines were slender and
uniform on the xrays consistant with no obstructions.

So, she wanted to say it was gastroenteritis.  She really did.  And then he had
several HUGE bloody/watery espisodes of diarrhea in her office.  She took him
right back and loaded him up on subdermal fluids.  They gave him a shot for
vomitting which I don't really understand.  He vomited twice, once yesterday and
once today, both time about 6 hours after he ate.  I am not aware of his
vomiting after dinner last night but I have 3 dogs and they are bassets and
well, who knows.  He isn't vomiting water at all.   He is sucking it down by the
bowl full and that is staying down.  And she said there is still food in his
stomach on the xray.

So, she wants it to be gastroenteritis brought on by a small avacado he stole 2
days ago (chewed up and spit out the pit and most of the skin) and/or his share
of a small bag of candy the 3 dogs pilfered from my youngests room a couple of
days ago.  But the bloody diarrhea looks (and smells) like Parvo.  He is fully
vaccinated but we think vaccine resistant Parvo is what he had 6 months ago (it
killed Cyrus).

In the end she didn't give me a diagnosis.  She told me if I don't let him out
of my sight she will give him a shot for vomitting and fluids and pills for
diarrhea and let me take him home and call me FIRST thing in the morning.  She
told me if I get scared at any point RUN, don't walk, to emergency.

Please pray and drool for me and my Snoopy and my other dogs too.  We don't want
Parvo.

Thanks,
Dale

P.S.  She said to offer only rice tonight which I did.  At first he wouldn't
touch it.  I put some of his joint powder on it and he ate about 3/4 of a cup
(about half of what I offered).  At the moment his is in the kitchen looking
very interested in OUR dinner.