[Dailydrool] Pancreatitis

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Thu Jan 3 06:11:14 PST 2013

You are not a "dumb mama".  There is an increase in this awful disease
according to our vet and we don't know why.  Our Pixel (now age 12), got
pancreatitis  a few days after her mandatory (by the state of Florida)
rabies shot which is due every three years.  I cannot prove it but I feel
stronrgly it was a result of the shot.  We always have fed ow fat organic
dog food with only chicken breast with dinner and yogurt mixed in the food
for breakfast.  A week after the disease hit, one eye went blind from what
our eye vet believed was the result of the disease since it is inflammatory.

We now feed Science Diet WD which is very low fat.  She still gets her
chicken breast and yogurt but no treats from the table and only the low fat
chicken strip treats..not made in China.  Read those labels closely as they
can fool you--ours are made in Iowa.

I know some dogs who have gotten pancreatitis for no known reason so please
do not blame yourself.

Hope this was somewhat helpful.

Sally and Bert, Pixel and Browser