[Dailydrool] Drool request

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu Jan 3 20:07:40 PST 2013

I'd like to ask for some drool for our current foster, Horton, who's been with us since a week before Christmas.

Not long after we got him, he started having bloody diarrhea. So I trotted him over to the vet. We started with Flagyl and lomotil, then added Baytril, when those did not work. Both fecal tests have come out negative, so today the vet took X-rays today, which also showed nothing.
Now poor little Horton needs to go to an internist, so we are arranging that. We're thinking at this point that it might be colitis, and it looks as if we'll need to do an ultrasound.

Horton is so nervous that taking him anywhere with strangers is a challenge. Because he had a car accident, he's fearful around traffic; and new people, especially tall ones, scare him silly. We also have an appointment on Tuesday with the orthopedist--another challenge for this nervous boy.

Can the Drool hounds please sling drool in his direction, so he'll soon feel good? We can't work on his fears until his broken leg--a result of the accident--is healed up. Crate rest for the leg isn't really conducive to meeting new folks and getting over fears. But this little fellow is completely at ease with me, so I know he will love someone who will defend him from the nasty cars and trucks and help him know that people are not all bad. Of course, he's not going to a new home until he's completely healed up.

You could say, Dale, that I can deeply feel for Snoopy. After all, we've been dealing with the same thing for a couple of weeks now. I can only hope the end is in sight for both hounds.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets