[Dailydrool] cheap dog bedding, crate pads, and couch covers

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 09:06:25 PST 2013

Hi Droolers,
    I am sure everyone knows this but just in case.  I have found the best and cheapest way to get crate pads/blankets, couch covers, sheets, and dogs' beds/bedding is to troll your local Salvation Armies, Goodwills, yard sales, and thrift stores.  I constantly buy comforters and blankets every where I see them cheap.  Salvation Army has half off everything Wednesdays and I frequently go to those.  I think the used blankets and comforters are easier to keep clean then commercial dog beds especially if you have any dog pal that like to pee or puke on a bed.  I also make sure I have a double set of dog comforters for everyone in case accidents happen and they have clean bedding while I am washing the other set.  Comforters are also great couch covers.  I am so used to dog owners houses I go into shock when I enter an odorless house with no pets!  HAHAHAHAHA!  I pretty much launder the pets beds/linens twice a week and the supposed human
 bedding once a week--although try keeping a basset off your bed or couch--I dare  you!  I cover my bed everyday with an old comforter to protect the human bedding beneath.
     It is not worth the crying on both sides, in my opinion, trying to keep the bassets off the bed.  I also feel so sorry for my rescue bassets I can't resist letting them on the bed!  UGH!  Oh well, I hope this helps someone.
Marie
Man Plans ~ God Laughs