[Dailydrool] pomegranates/bassets/beige carpet

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 10 11:06:03 PST 2013

Good morning, it's the clueless momPerson here,

Drool to all in need .... get well Buster and Lacy and Humphrey too and heart
healing drool to all those whose furkid has left for the bridge.

As for my morning do I need to say anything more?  I believe the title there
says it all.  I certainly hope there are no basset health risks associated with
pomegranates because my 3 bassets ate two of them this morning.  Completely.  At
least they shared nicely.

Apparently my husband forgot that Gracie can fly.  Well, she can, she can
actually leap all the way up onto the counter if motivated, and 2 pomegranates
motivated her.  She took them into the living room and started chewing one (on
the beige rug of course) and Snoopy wanted the other one so she let him have it
and he took it down the hall and worked on it and then LuLu got a part and took
it into Natalies room and then Gracie took hers into our room for more safety
and finally Snoopy took his up on the bed.  Or something like that.

By the time my husband came out of the shower every room with carpet had
pomegranate stains ground in.  He was quite upset.  He called me at work.
Fortunately for him we had 2 kids.  I still remember the time Natalie puked
purple grapejuice all the way down the hall on her way to the bathroom.  I tried
to tell him how to get the stains out but all he could do was shout louder and
louder ITS POMEGRANATE, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN HOW IT STAINS YOUR HANDS IT WILL
NEVER COME OUT!!!!!  It sounded like he might loose it altogether so I drove
home (it's only 15 minutes) and got out my emergency carpet stain remover,
removed the stains, loaded up the carpet shampooer and left thim there to
shampoo the stain remover chemical back out of the rugs so the bassets don't
lay/step in it.

It sure did look awful when I got there.  Stains were gone from the rug when I
left but I do NOT have magic stain remover for the quilt on my bed.  That was in
the washer.  Wish me luck.

More later from the clueless momPerson with flying bassets (sheesh)