[Dailydrool] Nora ATB

centerhill08 at comcast.net centerhill08 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 10:35:35 PST 2013

I am so sad to share the news that my Nora Jean left for the bridge last week.  She gave us 13 years of unconditional love, amusement and major bassetude.  I am so grateful that my daughter was home to help me send Nora on her journey.  Nora was the first one to get a hug when my daughter came home from Boston to visit.  Nora had been slowly failing over the past few months, but was not in pain.  Her silly smile, demanding bark and attitude remained with her to the end.  She crossed over to the bridge with a tail thump and a sigh, she knew we loved her enough to help her on her way.  My belief is that she had advanced cancer - there was a lot of fluid build up in her abdomen and it was causing respiratory distress.  Nothing showed up on blood work over the summer, but as she was not fond of blood draws (and nail trims) I decided not to put her thru any more stressful testing.  She lived her last few months as she liked best - lots of long naps, pets, treats, and no scoldings for pee puddles!  I had a hunch she would not be with us for her June calendar day - so I made sure to show her when the calendar arrived.  She will remain forever in our hearts.

It will take me a while to adjust to a basset-less home after 20 odd years of bassets - even with 4 cats and Nina, my PBGV, it seems so very empty!

Lisa