[Dailydrool] Noises

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 01:13:07 PST 2013

I awake suddenly. Two forty in the morning. Why am I awake? Because there
is someone in the other room. Making noise. Soft, quiet noises like someone
tiptoeing around. It isn't DH, he doesn't tiptoe. Someone is there. My
heart is pounding. How could someone have gotten into the house, past the
alarm?  Oh yeah--- we didn't set it--but still, the door would chime when
it opened. Where is the dog alarm? They're quiet. I see Doc's ears in his
crate so he is awake and listening, but not saying anything.
I wonder if I dare move.
My palms are sweaty. I am almost panting, I am so scared. I hear the
bumping noises. I get out of bed. I'm shaking. There have been a number of
break-ins in the area lately.  I have no real plan but I have to do
something. Iwonder if DH has heard it, too. I creep to the door and peer
breathlessly around the corner expecting to see the bulk of another person
but there is nothing.
Wait, WHAT?
I look again. Nothing. The moonlight streams in the window. And then I see
it. I see my burglar...
Llewis.
Llewis has, for some reason, decided to move his bed. He has pushed and
dragged it across the room to a spot in the corner, maybe 10 feet. He
stands, front feet in the bed, staring at me, wagging his tail. The rugs
are bunched up where he has been, and one chair is about 4 feet from where
it normally resides.
My burglar. Another ten years off my life. I have so few left to spare.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc