[Dailydrool] Pills, hoarding, and a nifty alternative

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 19:56:35 PST 2013

this is Harley of Hawaii.

My mom is behind on Drools and we are just catching up. I have read the posts on pill hoarding with interest, and would like to share my own special alternative.

I have perfected this technique. I find it beneficial to let the mom person know that you are rejecting the pills. If she gives you one in a pill pocket, drop the whole package on the floor immediately. If she puts one on the back of your tongue and holds your Snooter shut until you swallow, then vomit up the pill immediately (it will be too soggy to reuse and she won't like wasting money by trying over and over again).

She will very likely up the ante by embedding the pill in something more delicious like cheese or meat. She may try to trick you by first giving you a plain chunk, then a pill-infested one. Here is what you do. take the tasty morsel in your mouth and roll it around and tongue it until you have separated the pill from the morsel. spit the pill out and swallow the morsel. do this in plain sight of your mom so she will try again and again and you get at least another morsel or five.

My mom is persistent, so she cuts up the pills into very tiny bits and embeds them in chicken now.I can still tongue out enough particles that I usually score about four chicken morsels before all the heartworm pill is swallowed. No amount of chicken can get Rimadyl down my gullet.

My dad tries brute force, but since I vomit when coerced, he acknowledges defeat with exasperation fairly quickly.

My brother Bo is easy. He'll swallow anything in a pill pocket. Not me. If you follow my technique you can probably score a whole chicken breast or half a bar of sharp cheddar. Mmm hmmm, yum.

Semper fido, Harley