[Dailydrool] Fw: Waltzing Maggie Mae ATB

Cathy Burlew cburlew at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jan 25 17:42:50 PST 2013

Waltzing Maggie Mae danced her final dance on earth Friday January 25th.  It would have been 5 years since W Maggie mae came to us on April 12 th.  We adopted her from ABC Basset Rescue,  ABC was bringing up some basset from Georgia, and we picked Maggie Mae from her picture and description.

>From the minute Maggie arrived, she knew she was home and never looked back.  Maggie was the perfect basset for us, I am sure my Waddles ATB had her hand in choosing Maggie for us.

Maggie fought a terrible antibiotic resistant ear infection for the first year we had her.  It was painful, Maggie never complained, she won that battle.

Maggie never pulled on a leash, unless she saw a squirrel.  You had to pull her.  Maggie loved everyone and I never once heard her growl or saw her show her teeth.  Maggie did a few times tell Willie B Good off and a puppy or two.

Maggie enjoyed her trips to theABC Waddles, MI Waddle and the Boardwaddle and loved all her Aunties and all the bassets she knew.  Maggie loved her Pawpaw and hoped to wear her beautiful red hat he sent her to this years waddles.  Elvis keep on going.  Elwood my friend, remember to mind your elders.

Maggie hopes all the bassets without families, will soon find loving forever homes.  Maggie hopes to join Wrinkles ATB & Waddles ATB on a picnic Table sunning themselves by the water, where she can share news from home.

And to her foster mother, Mama Joyce she sends her love and wants her to know she was always a good girl, like her Mama Joyce told her to be.

The ultra sound told it all, she had a mass on her spleen and tumors in her liver, heart, and lungs and the spleen was bleeding.  Maggie also had a mass in her bladder.  Maggie could not win this battle.

Fly my girl on your angel wings, you will always be loved and remembered.

Cathy B
Willie B Good WB