[Dailydrool] Food for Pancreatitis

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Tue Jan 29 07:00:21 PST 2013

Our Pixel is going to the vet today for a limpy gimpy on one paw.  She had
pancreatitis two years ago and was put on Hills WD low fat canned food, she
is age 12.  She has done well on it.

Our Browser is on the dry California Natural for seniors, he is age 9 but
it has 8% fat.

Pixel has turned off completely on the Hills.  She will eat the breast of
chicken we give her with her food at night, the yogurt we give he in her
food in the morning but only a bit of the Hills.

Just tried her on a little of Browsers food and she gobbled it up but it is
8% fat and her Hills is 4% fat.

Pixel had been on prednisone to try to save her other eye from going blind
from glaucoma.  It didn't work and now she is totallly blind.  She had been
on the pred for almost 3 months 3 times a week.  Now she is off of it
entirely for the past four days.

Two questions:

1.  Could her going off the pred. be the reason for her going off her food
as she certainly ate it with gusto the past three months when we were
fighting for her eyesight?

2.  Does anyone know a good low fat food besides Hills which I didn't like
giving her anyway?

We will ask our vet today but Droolers tend to know more about dog food.

Thanks for any help...

Sally, Pixel and Browser