[Dailydrool] Basset Rescue in Hawaii

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 10:34:05 PST 2013

Dave Wethington from Oahu posted in the last Drool. Two more Hawaiian Basset droolers to know are myself, Val Brewer, on the Big Island, and Kim Slagel, on Oahu. I coordinate a "Basset alert" email notification. When a Basset needing a new home comes to the attention of anyone on the Basset grapevine here, I send out a notification to people on a list looking to adopt one. Over the past few years about a half dozen bassets have been rehomed courtesy of the alert list. Kim is well known in the Basset community on Oahu and one of her hounds came here from Arizona Basset Hound Rescue, which has worked with Hawaiian families looking for rescue hounds. finally, there is a breeder in New Zealand who is willing to place puppies in Hawaii (no quarantine requirements between NZ and Hawaii). So, although there is no Basset Rescue on Hawaii, there is an informal Basset network. I would be glad to talk with anyone looking to re home or adopt a Basset here in Hawaii.

PS: I hate the auto correct feature on this IPad. It corrected all of my "rehomes" to "reforms" and I had to go back and change them. "anyone looking to reform a Basset...." that'll be the day!