[Dailydrool] pomegranates/bassets/beige carpet

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 10 20:36:21 PST 2013

Ah ha!   It's a simple thing and it works for rust wine blood ink pomegranate purple grape juice and acrylic paint and YES I have first hand experience with all of those.  My sweet sugar magnolia used to chew up pens.   An annoying habit especially if one has beige rugs.  And I am stubborn and not changing colors for the dogs.  So there.   I hired a guy to take the ink out of the rug and he told me what to do and it works just fine for me.

So he told me to buy a bottle of the professional strength oxy carpet shampooer stuff they have for sale with those machines you can rent.  And he told me to soak up all I could of a stain if still wet then pour a small amount of the cleaner straight, not diluted, right on the spot and soak it back out with an old towel you don't mind stained.  First time or too the towel stains with the ink or pomegranate or whatever.  Like the third time leave it for five minutes.  Then soak it out and shampoo the rug with your own carpet cleaner (we have a Hoover).  I don't use that shampoo in the machine I use natures miracle carpet shampoo in there (helps cut down the hounds smell)

So that's what I do

The ever clueless momPerson with clean rugs

Ps.  Snoopy graduated from obedience level 1 tonight.   He demonstrated sit down stay come freeze leave it and watch me.  Cam you believe it?

Sent from my iPaw