[Dailydrool] amazing story

Helena poist helenapoist at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 13:36:50 PST 2013

call from the local shelter...a senior basset in.. owner died.... so I went to the ames animal shelter to check out the senior basset there. what a story.. The family adopted as a puppy and when the  son went to college, they gave the  then 5 year old basset at the time to a senior couple.  Time marched on... The couple guy died and the wife went  to senior living. so dog went to animal shelter... the son of the original family happened to stop at the shelter looking to adopt a dog.. and guess who was there. his dog from his teen years. love at first sight. she goes home today...

and when the shelter staff told me the story, i had a year in my eye.. here I was worried about what to do with yet another senior but camera in hand I went.. and on my way out, who came in but the new owner or should i say old owner.. The shelter staff was wanting to take pictures so I just smiled and left.. one happy gal.

there are some happy endings...