[Dailydrool] Marlene's walk

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Jul 2 08:40:58 PDT 2013

Marlene:
I am not in the least surprised that the fellow with the retriever came up to you, even though you warned him. People just can't seem to resist a challenge.

When I take Horton, who is very fearful, to the park, people just have to come up to him. I warn them that he's very fearful, and he is often dancing about at the end of his leash, trying to get away--likewise I am moving away, trying to allow him the security that he can get away from fearful things. But they just have to keep coming.

Happily, Horton is not the least bit aggressive, but if people would just listen to me and ignore him, he'd probably warm up to them eventually. Instead, it's as if they want to do all they can to make him aggressive. I think his training would come along much faster if people would just listen. Of course, if I yelled at them, that would only make Horton more nervous!
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, who will never understand humans