[Dailydrool] Arizona and Comfortis

rebecca stanton pummorse at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 10:35:25 PDT 2013

 First of all just to say we are thinking of all the droolers and bassets (and basically everyone) in Arizona with these awful fires....keep safe.
Secondly, has anyone given their basset Comfortis? Morse has been prescribed it for his flea saliva allergy and he is due for his third month of treatment shortly - its a monthly tablet. He vomits within a few hours of taking it and this is a fairly common side effect, but I am now wary of giving it again - I worry that its almost poisoning his system, but on the other hand it makes him much less itchy. Are there are any natural alternatives to Comfortis?  I am giving him garlic as have heard fleas don't like it!  Stronghold etc didn't really help.  Another very unfortunate side effect of Comfortis is lethargy, and anyone who knows Morse would know that he isn't exactly the most gung-ho basset at the best of times, so this is definitely bad news!  I am going to get his thyroid rechecked soon as apparently his last result was borderline.
I am undecided about giving his next tablet.

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB