[Dailydrool] Huckleberry Hound dog

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Mon Jul 15 17:19:59 PDT 2013

This past Saturday we picked up a Huckleberry hound dog from a lady who just could not stand dis silly dog any longer. Cute as a button this 13 week old Basset boy tumbling over his ears, butt a wigglin, side track walkin  beauty with long black ears, brown eyebrows, and a white streak down the middle of his snout came into rescue. He is not house trained... no way and he loves to chew on anything that comes into contact with his teeth but oh is he pretty and it has been a while since we had a baby in rescue he has to be nuetered ( and my vet will not nueter until six months old ) before he will be available but we will have a baby soon up for adoption. ( In the meantime we will be working on his behaviors. He has a bad ear infection and a UTI which is very unusual for a young one but I think his old owner in order to keep him from peeing in the house limited his water) He also is a nippy puppy we are working on that too. One minute he is an angel as sweet and delicate as he can be laying flat on his belly with his back legs crossed and the next he is a little buzz saw nipping at everything. Oh the joys of puppydom. I always enjoy a puppy every now and then, I try not to get attached but I get attached to every Basset that comes through rescue and I am always glad they find a home that showers them with so much more undivided love than I have due to my many rescues in the house.