[Dailydrool] Barney

Linda Gardner hockeyphans at verizon.net
Thu Jul 18 11:42:06 PDT 2013

It's been extremely hot and humid up here in the great Northeast.
Hannah, age 4 (or so) hasn't had a problem.  My Barney, who is almost
14 1/2 has.  He pants almost continuously and frequently has trouble
settling down.  We have air conditioning in the living room, but he
doesn't want to stay there.  He's finally decided what makes him
comfortable - taking a dip in the tub.  He likes it so much that he'll
stand by the tub and look at me as if to say, "Put me in it NOW."  If
I'm not paying attention, he has actually tried to climb in himself a
couple of times.  He didn't make it, but for an old dog with old legs,
that's quite an accomplishment. After his dip he lays on the damp
towels on the floor.  I've had 12 dogs, 9 of which were bassets, and
none of them have ever done that.

Linda Gardner
Barney (I'm the smart one) and Hannah (I don't need to be smart! I'm a
young chick!)